What We Do
We support responsible developers and investors around the world by providing these advisory services:
- Conduct Environmental and Social Due Diligence reviews
- Complete IFC Performance Standards & Equator Principles gap analysis
- Upgrade and make ESIAs bankable
- Serve as Independent Environmental and Social Consultant (IESC) for EP-FIs
- Serve on Independent Engineer/Monitoring Groups on behalf of investors
- Support first-time and experienced sustainability reporters with GRI reporting
- Provide assurance services to sustainability reporters
- Provides MAC-TSM verification services
- Serve on expert panels advising Independent Recourse Mechanisms
- Contribute as expert witness on cases before international arbitration tribunals
Our bespoke advisory services are illustrated with few examples below.
IFC Performance Standards & Equator Principles
- Prizma supported Goldwind and InterEnergy Holdings to align the phased Penonomé Wind Project in Panama, the largest wind development in Central America, with the IFC Performance Standards and Equator Principles. This supported the mobilization of over $370 million in funding by Equator Banks, the IFC and other Development Finance Institutions (see here).
- Prizma has developed and delivered training courses focused on IFC Performance Standards and Equator Principles,renewable and conventional power generation projects in Chile, Jamaica, and Argentina and delivered these to developers, financial institutions and consultants in Canada, China, Dominican Republic, Norway, Panama, Peru, and the UK (see here).
Independent Environmental & Social Consultants (IESC, IE, IMG)
- Prizma completed a series of acquisition-oriented environmental and social due diligence reviews for a Private Equity Fund (PEF) and developer of renewable and conventional power generation projects in Argentina, Chile and Jamaica.
- Prizma served as E&S experts on Independent Engineer (IE) and Independent Monitoring Groups (IMG) on mining projects in Turkey and Burkina Faso opining on compliance with the IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, Action Plans, and Good International Industry Practice.
Independent Recourse Mechanism and International Arbitration
- Prizma served on expert panels convened by the IFC/MIGA Compliance Advisor Ombudsman to provide a detail review of compliance cases in Kazakhstan and India.
- Prizma was engaged by White & Case LLP, representing Gold Reserve Inc., to serve as an expert on ESIAs, IFC Performance Standards, and Equator Principles on an international arbitration case. Gold Reserve was awarded over $700 Million.
Engagement, Reporting & Assurance
- Prizma has been assisting inaugural and long-term reporters with the GRI-based sustainability reporting and assurance needs. Prizma’s tasks have included training, benchmarking, improving ESG ratings, materiality assessment, estimating GHG emissions, stakeholder interviews, focus group meetings, content development, translation, graphic design and assurance. GRI-based reporting examples supported by Prizma can be accessed here.